View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #300
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
After enabling the USE_ALT_FONTS "hack", I've tried many, many, MANY..... (let's just say, a huge amount of) fonts, but for some reason, I always come back to Caecilia 4.

It's not a beautiful font, but because of it's weight and plain representation, it's the easiest one to read. The facto that I have very poor eyesight (34% right, 7% left) is one to consider: it often makes that I choose fonts and themes on many devices for maximum readibility instead of beauty.

This enables me to read still read stuff while not setting a device to use a huge oversized font.

Many other fonts I've tried were too thick (e, a, and such get "filled up"), too thin, too spidery, too fancy, too small (needed to use size 5 or 6 to get a somewhat decent size, and it often didn't look good), just make me confuse letters; Baskerville is very thin, and it strains me to identify c or e at my reading speed, for example...

In the end, I always return to Caecilia 4.

It can also be that this is what I've gotten used to. IIRC, the KPW came with Caecilia 4 set as the default.

I've not been here for a long time. For people with a good memory: yes, I've upgraded my Touch to the Paperwhite as soon as I could import it to the Netherlands from Germany. My Touch is now owned by an aunt of mine. Best upgrade ever: the front light actually "finishes" the e-Reader for me. It's the one thing I've always wanted on the Touch

(By the way: why is it such a big deal for Amazon to let us add new fonts? My very first e-Reader, the Cybook Gen3, could do this out of the box, as far as I can remember.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-28-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote