View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #23
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Actually that's a very good average word count if you can keep it up. The minimum daily count for NaNoWriMo is 1,667 words a day so in 30 days or a little less (if you write for 30 days on the same story) you'll have some 50,000 words of manuscript. It sounds interesting and just goes to show that an older piece of writing can inspire something new.
...and 50,000 is - or was - the max to get published by Mills and Boone. Not that it's a guarantee, unfortunately, but don't overdo it!

(From the man who's never been under 140,000 words)

On another point, when I started, I wrote for two hours on Monday evenings whilst my wife was at choir practice. Later I had a one-hour train ride to and from work. Both cases gave me two hours of writing, and I reckoned that a good average was 2,000 words a day. Which isn't far from Critch's 1,667.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote