View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I won't speculate on who's won the war. I don't think it's entirely clear yet. However, while I think Sony has done a great thing for consumers with its new format support, it's not good for their content business. It encourages people to go somewhere other than Connect. Maybe they want to get out of the content business and concentrate on the device which, IMO, may not be such a bad idea at least eventually. My only concern is the timing. The hardware costs are still rather high at the moment. I doubt there's much of a margin there.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote