View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #65
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
What I wonder is whether there would actually BE ANYONE who avoided my books because of the DRM? I have seen no evidence there would be. ----
Good luck selling that here on Mobileread.

the strangest thing about this anti-DRM Mobileread group is that most think that the great majority of book buyers think exactly as they do and also are as fanatic about it so as to take action. There is no real sense of proportion. I would guess that the real fervent anti-DRM attitudes, habits and actions account for no more than 5% of eBook customers and probably is much closer to 1%. Even less.

DRM allows us the luxury where 95 to 99% of people cannot email their books to their friends.

Now I understand some authors, who feel the same way as we do, not standing up and being counted because they might also get pounded.
I don't give out my personal information for that reason. I don't want to become a "cause celebre" I don't want to chance even a 1/4 percent reduction in the bottom line.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote