View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #70
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
But hiding an antenna in the attic wouldn't be making much of a statement.
Not paying a bill is the statement.

Cable subscribers fell for the first time in 2011. Their response is to lobby to have OTA freqencies returned to the government for other purposes. There are two types of lobbying -- cash and votes. In this day, I can't imagine it would be difficult to convince people that cable is a fundamental human right and force cable companies to provide pro bono cable service in markets where they sell premium services or at least cap cost to provide.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Free cable for people earning less that $250,000 a year. I think I can get that on a bumper sticker.

Seriously, everyone should put an antenna in their attic. In times of emergency, we tend to lose internet and cable. You cannot fix that with a generator. Satellite or antenna keeps you connected and passes the time.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote