View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Exactly. A simple bulleted list (or simple numbered list that starts with "1") isn't usually a problem. It's when people think they can churn out a fancy "outline" mixing letters and numbers (or starting from anything other than 1), that the problems arise.

I don't use them (lists) at all, myself, but that's just a personal decision. Mainly because I don't see any benefit (from a hand-coding standpoint) of using list elements for presenting static data.
Thanks for clarifying. As mentioned, I've had no issues with simple lists. They work fine in ADE, fine on all the ADE readers I've tested. But for fancy stuff, no.

I think I'll continue using them where they are simple and useful. Where they aren't workable, I'll code differently.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote