View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Benjamin Buford
Nameless Being

Kobo Touch future firmware feature request thread

Hi there,

I saw there already is a thread like this in the sticky list up there, but it seems it originally was for the two older generations of ereaders. I thought it'd be a good idea to open a Touch-specific thread, because the requests regarding the Touch have been spread all around different threads, which doesn't help our Kobo guys SameerH, george.talusan, MDK and JCKobo who are trying to address our concerns. Maybe this thread could be made sticky, too.

I don't own a Kobo Touch yet, but it has been ordered and I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

I saw this 23 minutes side-by-side comparison video of the Kobo Touch and Barnes and Noble Simple Touch. At 10:35 I saw something I already know I'd like to have on my Touch:

Control over...
  • ... line spacing
  • ... margins
  • ... letter spacing
  • ... word spacing
  • ... paragraph spacing
  • ... paragraph indent
I think some carefully chosen presets like the ones on the Nook would be great, I personally would not want to be able to tweak every little detail independently. I liked one of the Nook presets, where it looked like a "densely printed paperback"... I think the standard Kobo Touch layout is too sparsely "printed".

Last edited by Benjamin Buford; 06-21-2011 at 04:19 PM.