View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
geniodiabolico
geniodiabolico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hey, thanks for getting my back, friends. Seriously, if y'all would be interested in such a thing I can try adding that in. Say once a week (probably on the weekends because they are relatively slow for talk shows), I could make a post about one TV show and present links to all the ebooks related to it. I know mystery writer Max Alan Collins (who I am a fan of) has written a lot of CSI books.

I'll create a category for it and if that really is the only thing on the site you are interested in, you could subscribe to the RSS feed for only those posts. Sound good? Vote for which series y'all care about in this thread, and I'll start with the most popular ones.

I've also been working on my information gathering scripts to be able to get more shows covered. Some shows and/or networks don't publish guest info to the service I pay for, so I have to do other stuff to collect those. For the shows that required extra steps to find guests, they tended to blogged much less frequently. Just today I put in a way to scrape the Charlie Rose and Larry King websites which will mean their guests get represented better without me remembering to look them up. After a busy day at my job, sometimes the energy wanes and I just never get to sites I have to deal with by hand.

Thanks again! Let me know about shows.
geniodiabolico is offline   Reply With Quote