Thread: SciFi history?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I always rely on the classic Heinlein description of "what is science fiction" according to him the following conditions apply; "if you conceive of an egg beater and one does not exist, that is science fiction."
Good definition.

As for the term "sci-fi" being derogatory, I write the stuff, and I've occasionally used the term as a description for my own work, without intending any negative connotation. Does my using it from the inside ameliorate the supposed stigma?

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote