View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #12
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Cool Cory Doctorow

Meh to most of the article but the Doctorow mention...

Doctorow's "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom" given out for free, that is the reason I spend money on books now. If that book hadn't been both free and interesting, I never would've discovered the joy of reading a whole novel on a digital screen (a Palm Pilot at the time) and therefore never would've dreamed of shelling out hundreds of dollars for an e-Ink reader, and hundreds more for purchasing legitimate books online. So eh, read into that what you will about open formats, etc. I don't agree with everything about Doctorow's releases. I hate plain text "ebooks" since they never seem to format well, but, luckily some nice chaps have released various other formats of his works. I also wonder what he'd think of having no income from his novels if everyone went digital. I know he's not a fan of eBook reading, though I'm not sure if he's actually tried e-Ink or not.

Also, I liked Eastern Standard Tribe and intend to read Little Brother sometime soon (just as quick as I'm finished muddling through The Hobbit & LOTR again)
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote