View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Samuel View Post
If I feel the color of the frontlight is not suitable for reading, I hope to change the frontlight for a whiter one/change for cool-toned frontlights.
I don't think that would be possible, the ones on the device are as blue as blue-white LEDs can be.

The above is from eyeball comparison with LEDs of known characteristics.
I do not have the equipment to measure their light output curve.

Of course, some LED grower might introduce what you want tomorrow and I have not dug into current manufacturer's catalogs.

"cool-white" is actually more red and less blue or filtered "blue-white".
Filtered blue-white is what I am trying for without hardware modification of the motherboard.
Changing those LEDs requires SMT re-work equipment and a lot of special skills.
Probably not a widely popular modification.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote