Thread: Firmware Update Kindle Firmware Update 5.10.2
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #49
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I've noticed my Kindle Basic (8th Edition) tends to choke (and has to be rebooted) on "Save to Kindle" documents and side-loaded books now. It's been doing that since about 5.9.7. At first I thought it was fixed with a later release, but then I realized I hadn't been doing much side-loading or "send to kindling" at that time. After the reboot it seems fine, until I send another document or load another side-loaded book to it. The one experiment with a PDF book to Kindle conversion (trial) continued to give me issues. I finally just deleted it. All the other documents and side-loaded books work after the initial reboot. Something is still not quite clean in this firmware, I'm afraid.

The last three "send to kindle" documents (documentation about AsciiDoctor) each caused the Kindle Basic (8th) to choke (until the reboot), but all worked flawlessly on my older Kindles. It's unusual for Kindles to have flaws in the firmware. Not sure if I like this trend.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote