View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #35
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlee View Post
Hi Nate,

I read your forum posting and was so convinced about the Boox 60 that I actually bought 3 units from China shipped to me in Singapore. I will give 2 of them to my daughters.

But to my horror, there isn't a single manual in any of the three boxes I received. Neither could I find a copy in the Onyx website. Now I am at my wits end How am I going to use it in the first place? The minimum I must learn is to transfer some of the PDF and ePUB files I have onto the Boox 60.

Please help if you happened to have the manal. If not just tell me how to transfer the ebooks to the device. THANKS A MILLION.

ps. the Boox 60s do look good though
You can transfer the files over the USB cable. But before you do that you need to format the internal sstorage of the Boox. Go into the Settings menu, and select "format flash". Until you do this the Boox will not be recognized by your PC.

If you're planning to buy commercial ebooks, then you'll probably need to download and install Adobe DE on your PC. After you install and register DE, plug in the Boox and DE will recognize it as an ebook reader. You'll be able to transfer DRMed ebooks to the Boox.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote