Thread: PRS-950 Getting a 950, cover?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Getting a 950, cover?

Hi folks,

I'll be getting a PRS-950 for Christmas. I'm really excited, I've spent way too much time lately playing with the demo at Best Buy. Unfortunately I know it's already been delivered and I have to wait. And my poor boyfriend has to deal with another almost month and a half of me "borrowing" his nook.

So I'm looking for a cover. I'd been hoping for an Oberon one (contemplated getting the boyfriend an Oberon cover for his nook, went with a Noreve instead), but of course they're not making them yet/ever. I did email to register my interest. I'm wondering if it would be practical to put a Sony cover into one of their large journal covers, as if the Sony cover were a journal insert. Has anyone tried this? The journal covers are 9"x6", and the journal inserts are 8.5"x5.5"x7/8". According to Sony, the unlighted cover is 9.45"x5.51"x.75". I can't imagine that 9.45" is correct, considering the pictures show that the cover is barely taller than the reader. I would guess that the Sony cover should fit in the Oberon cover, but I'd hate to order and be wrong.

In short, can anyone tell me
1. The correct dimensions of the Sony cover (the one without the light)? Is it really 9.45 inches high?
2. Ideally, if someone has both the Sony cover and an Oberon journal cover, would my crazy plan work?
3. Are there any other non-Sony, zipperless, leather or fake leather covers being made for the 950? It seems like they're pretty rare.

I've almost fallen in love with this Oberon journal cover.

I'm so excited.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote