View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Hi, I just got a PRS505 for my wife to read on (I am currently using a Jetbook). Calibre is a great tool for managing the Sony reader. I imagine the only reason I need the Sony software at this point is to authorize the reader for DRM'd books and for firmware updates.

--
Bill
Thanks Bill. I was thinking you had to use the sony booklibrary to access the sony bookstore, but I don't think that is the case. Not totally up to speed on whether it is needed for DRM'd books or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
You can subscribe to these magazines in ebook form on Fictionwise; each issue is automatically added to your "bookshelf" on the web site when it is available, and then you choose which format to download it in, including LRF (Sony native format).
Yes, that's great! I may do that. It's a brave new world here and I have so much to read already though it may be a bit or I may just have to fit it in somehow.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfiend View Post
I use Calibre too. I briefly considered switching to the Sony software last week, when it became available for Mac, but when I installed it (after having to fiddle around with the international settings so it would work). I found I couldn't edit metadata. So I'll stick with Calibre.
Thank you for that info. Much appreciated. Enjoy! And thanks for those links..
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote