View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #73
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
Thank you for posting this; I feel like HarryT has dragged this thread into a mostly pointless side alley about the cover when the real issue is with articles by Resnick and Malzburg rather than just the cover in isolation.

It's funny that there's more concern in this thread over someone finding the posted cover offensive, but seemingly unconcerned that an issue of the magazine had an article praising Barbie for maintaining "quiet dignity the way a woman should," in response to reader comments about that cover.
I think the distress started with the first article which had no reference to Barbie. This was a combination of the cover and what seems like a couple of reference to an editor's looks and the use of the word "lady". So that might have been the focus of many of the comments.

I'm not finding all the associated text of these articles, only the last one with all the censorship blah blah in it. I can only see choice quotes for the other two. The Barbie thing is a bit surreal - like something one would say as a kind of twisted joke, and I would have liked to have seen it in the context of the article itself. Is it just that I've missed the appropriate links for this stuff?

Of course the last article is all there in its intended glory. I confess that after a couple of pages I was tired of reading it. I don't think that's a column I would enjoy regardless of topic; the format is tedious.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote