View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #12
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton
Well that's what they did last year anyway. I don't remember the books they released but on the third day it became obvious they weren't giving away anything not in the public domain.
Wait... weren't they also in violation of the Project Gutenberg license as well, because they neglected to provide proper attribution (as required by the "small print" in the Gutenberg license)?

Its tricky, if you mention Gutenberg (including using the same title and filename), then you have to abide by their license. If you don't care to abide by their license, you have to strip ALL mention of Gutenberg from your converted work... and in many cases, that requires an actual human to go through it and remove those references, because they differ based on the editor who created/translated the work.

I know, I do the same thing with ALL of Gutenberg converted to various mobile formats... except of course, I acknowledge their contributor's hard work in my efforts.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote