Old 04-03-2005, 01:20 AM   #15
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Gmail is a great service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton
Is anyone here using Gmail as their main account? Has it supplanted the other big webmail provicers like Yahoo and Hotmail for you? Interesting how they are following suit increasing features. Although to me storage space is about the least desireable feature as 99% of the email I archive are plain text and take up so little space.
I have different identities on the internet (personal, 2 businesses) so I can have different accounts for the different newsletters and such that I receive. I don't have to worry about tying up storage space on my hard drive or wondering whether an e-mail is important enough to keep or delete because of the archive feature. And the killer application for me is the POP access so that I don't have to go into the website to check my e-mail. Yahoo! is a bummer in these ways because the free version has the smaller storage (although they felt the Gmail heat and upped it some) so I had to delete certain e-mails and the lack of POP access meant I had to log in to Yahoo! when I wanted to check e-mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
Just remember that anything you put on GMail's storage, whether in email, email attachments, or files copied there with the "GMail Shell Extension", is owned by Google.
A valuable point to keep in mind.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote