View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #33
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Hi - I am new to Java and Kindlets, but not new to programming (I mainly work with C).

Anyway, I am on step 2 of the guide, having created a project via NetBeans, and having added Kindlet-1.2 as a library to this project.

When I try to compile the "Hello World" example above, I get the following error:

/Users/kdgarris/NetBeansProjects/Hello Kindle/src/hello/kindle/HelloKindle.java:8: class Main is public, should be declared in a file named Main.java

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edit: I figured it out - it should have been obvious in retrospect; it compiled when I remained the source file to Main.java

Last edited by kdgarris; 06-08-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Figured it out
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote