View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria Lacy View Post
I tried adding the file directly to the ebook via opening the epub using zip, and adding the file, and it shows up there just fine, and even works in the html using Dreamweaver. But even added that way, the file can't be placed on a Sigil page. What's up???? Any ideas???
Well, the reason why this specific method doesn't work is that Sigil is an "EPUB editor". The file needs to exist in the content.opf for it to be a valid EPUB, it can't just have random files floating around inside like your typical ZIP file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria Lacy View Post
[...] usually by exporting from InDesign to epub and then cleaning up using Sigil. Occasionally I've needed to add images, and never had a problem - until now. Now I get the message "you don't have permission to open this file."
Which version of Mac + Sigil are you using? Did you recently update?

And like Diap asked, is it just this specific file? Or when you try to add any images?
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote