View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior47 View Post
Sorry, I have no screenshot, I'll try to explain/clearify a bit: This error just happens occasionally, not every time.
I wrote "pages" - in Sigil the correct name is "Section"...

I have a page/Section - e.g "Section_0031", which I then will split into a number of new sections. So when I split "Section_0031" I get a new page "Section_0032", which I then split again to a new page "Section_0033"

When the "split-error" occurs, e.g on "Section_0031", I end up with a bunch of empty sections, from "Section_0032" to "Section_00XX", where only the last Section have content.

Today I've got two errors, first it made pages from "Section_30" to "Section_38" where Section_31 to 37 where empty, then it creating "Section_38" to "Section_62" where page 38-61 where empty.
Yesterday: 45 and 61 empty sections...
I think Sigil throw an error when this occurs, someting like "can't split here" but I'm not sure, it's just a flash and disapear.

And yes, Ctrl+Return is keyboard shortcut for "Split At Cursor"

Svein
I'm guessing it's a sticky return key.

Seriously ... I just placed the cursor where I wanted to split; held down the Ctrl key and hit the Return key and held it down. Guess what I ended up with? A bunch of new pages that look empty in Preview (don't have any body content in Code View) between the original page and the first split page.

It makes sense why it's happening. After the initial split, the cursor is going to be at the beginning of any content. So any split action after that (intentional or otherwise) is going to leave new pages with no content.

You either need a dust-buster, or you need to adjust the delay on your keyboard repeat function.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote