View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 02:38 AM   #62
cobrax3
Connoisseur
cobrax3 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And what do the instructions tell you to do about that situation?
I really, really, really did write what to do about installing packages without KUAL.
Really.

But I will not read it for you, and then type it here for you not to read again.

Maybe someone else will read the directions to you.
Maybe.

Otherwise, give up on this whole idea of jail breaking your Kindle.

sorry that i bother you with my questions, but you really, really, didn't. or you did, and i don't understand. or i understood and wrote back what happened, and you didn't read

if you want to help newbies, sometimes you have to explain from their level, not yours. you are the expert, the teacher, and i am not. i'm sure to you it seems simple, but for others it is not so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Go there. Grab MRPI & KUAL for your device.

Uncompress both. Add the .bin for kual (and other stuff if you need something else) in the mrpackages folder.

On the search bar of your kindle type ;log mrpi
unfortunately, i already tried that a few times, with no success. anyway, i just tried again, just to be sure i did it right, absolutely nothing happens

so, to make sure i understood right, and i am not doing something wrong:
downloaded latest kual, and latest mrpi. added Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.2_install.bin to the mrpackages folder in the root of the shared folder. also from the mrpi zip, i copied 2 folders, extensions and mrpackages to the same shared folder. then went in the search bar and typed ;log mrpi
waited
nothing
reboot
nothing

i had to close up the kindle, as it will be a gift. i can and will try anything else you guys think i can try to make it work, without re-opening it for serial, for about 12 hours that i have left i'm in europe
i think we have to keep in mind that i'm begining to think that i am not jb?
i tried the test from the original jb thread, and it also did nothing. i don't know what that means

thanks again for helping!
cobrax3 is offline   Reply With Quote