View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have to look through the entire document for unbalanced quotes, a particular section doesn't matter, once there is an unbalanced quote, all the remaining quotes become messed up.
While this is mostly true, it isn't always necessarily the case. I've had Calibre convert a regular quote to the wrong smart quote and THAT was the only one that was off. In other words, there wasn't an imbalance until the one was incorrectly converted. I don't think this just happens our of the blue though. It almost always happens on a rare sentence or paragraph that starts with an open quote and then an em dash. I think this just confuses the conversion engine but I'm not sure why.

At least this has been my experience.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote