View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #39
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulpmeister View Post
And, just to make life more fun, the double quote with a space:

" I think you are a devil of a son to me, " cried his father...

instead of

"I think you are a devil of a son to me," cried his father...

There's also a curious inconsistency in-house. Penguin Books' first P G Wodehouse paperback, My man Jeeves, has, in its 1936 reprint double quotes (with space!). But in a late 50s Wodehouse Penguin, not the same title, I find single quotes (without space).

Ah, those extra spaces in older books! I'm sure if you take a closer look at your book you will find that they are narrower than regular spaces and also to be found before colons, semicolons, exclamation marks and question marks. They used to be the norm (and I think they still are in French). I like them.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote