View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I still have an ebook I bought 10 years ago. The pages still look like new, binding is perfect, and the cover is pristine. This even though I have moved twice, read it twice and dragged it around everywhere. My wife has a few paper backs bought at the same time, they don't look so good......
I have hardcover books that I bought 10-15 years ago and read that if you looked at them and even opened them, you would swear they had never been previously opened and certainly never read. I also have some older paperbacks that look like theyu have not been read except for a narrow crease in the spine.

I think it is a matter of how you handle pbooks. My son handles books much more carefully these days than he did in his teens. In his teens, once he read a book it was ready for recycling (not book recycling, garbage recycling); today he at least is careful with my books.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote