View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I've noticed that Fictionwise isn't offering recently released ebooks that I can get at Diesel Ebooks. They are fairly popular authors in the Romance genre and FW has carried their books in the past so it's very curious. I've also noticed that they are taking longer and longer to release books in the lit format (or even mobi) while releasing in their proprietary ereader format first. They blame it on the publishers but I've seen those formats at Diesel before Fictionwise releases them. I particularly don't like the way they release new ebooks only on Tuesdays. I've been a VERY loyal FW customer for years but am seriously considering changing camps. The only thing keeping me there is the Buywise club and the micropay dollars. If my frustration level keeps rising, though, that may not be enough to keep me there.

I worried that the merger (or buyout) with Barnes and Noble was going to muck up the works and I'm afraid it's starting to happen.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote