View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Before you pile on ...

So far Vista has been stable and is compatible with all my other software (using the latest updates of course) and all my hardware. Typically, I expect problems with new software such as Bookdesigner; I understand the difficulties faced by the developers; and I am very grateful for their unpaid efforts. I really like BookDesigner. Thanks guys!

That being said, does anyone have a fix for Vista? Does BD use VB6, Python, or other similar applications or libraries? I suspect that a key component is either missing in the Vista install for the Sony Reader or is not updated to the latest version. Since all the other conversions work, there must a problem in the file/dll calling sequence (please translate from hand waving to accurate tech speak). Are there any logging capabilities in BD?

Also, look at this URL:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788708.aspx. That could be why itis not working.

Last edited by jwhayn; 04-10-2007 at 03:06 PM.
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote