View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ummm, why bother with playlists?

iPods of all shapes supports audiobooks natively, the only thing is that they need to be iPodified

The Audiobook format for iPod is usually using the extension m4b, and there are a couple of advantages to it, the biggest one beeing that you can combine alla the mp3files in an audio book to a single m4b file. And when you play it on your iPod it "remembers" where you are in the book, so if you quit listening, it picks up where you left of automatically.

There is a freeware program out there that I can't remember the name for right now that allows you to take a bunch of mp3 files, combine them to a single m4b file that you can transfer to your iPod via itunes without any problem.

I use this all the time since I have iPod connectivity in my carstereo, so I listen to books while driving too and from work.
I tried the playlist because I was experimenting with a non-ipod player. I checked the tracks, and as far as I can tell (looked at them in musicmatch) the id3 tags are present, but each disc of the book has tracks that number from one. I thought the order listed in the playlist would determine the order of play. (I was testing using a book ripped from cd, before spending any money obtaining new books in a true eAudio format.)

Since I have never had an ipod, I don't know about any of it's audiobook stuff, thanks for mentioning that. If you think of the name, I'd appreciate it.

If I get an ipod, it's going to be the cheapest one I can find, which means it will be an older model. I haven't convinced Mom that it would be a good idea yet.

If this thing is truly not respecting track numbers, and it does appear to be doing that, then All I can think of is to avoid the Mambo-Mano line of cheap mp3 players (I got it a couple of years ago, and haven't used it much at all.)

Last edited by Darqref; 10-30-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote