View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Do ipods use mp3 playlists?

Serious question for ipod users. My mother is legally blind, and listens to lots of audio books. I'd like to arrange for her to use some kind of an mp3 player, and the whole ipod genre seems to be the most likely to be useable, from an ergonomics standpoint.

I've had a cheap, non-apple player for years, and never used it much. On top of this, every time I've tried to move the files for an audio book to this player, or every other system I've tried that reads mp3 files, the files end up copied in the wrong order, and the player does not play them in the actual book order. I've tried several boxes that read mp3 files off a CD, and the one's I've tried don't work either. If the files don't play in order, Mom has no hope of deciphering them.

Thus, I tried setting up a playlist file that reads the book in order (which works ok on a couple of different media programs on my computer). I copied *that* (plus the book files in the correct folders) to my player, and it apparently ignored the file order in the playlist - it still started up in the middle of the book.

So, my question is, do any of you regularly use a playlist? For those who listen to audio books, how do you make them play in order?

I've mostly been looking at the ipod nano line, since they seem to have the best compromise between a size that's usable for someone who doesn't see well, and a lower cost (and I regularly see older ones available on Craig'sList for cheap.)
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote