View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #58
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But, I can say this, if there is a contemporary ebook available which is protected by DRM and it is available in somewhere its in the Kindle store too.

That said, there is no way to know 100% what books are available for each device in it's natively supported format/DRM scheme.

I would turn it around to you... can you point out ebooks that are available with a DRM that the Kindle does not support which are not in the Kindle store?

BOb
There are plenty, including many that I'm interested in. Fritz Leiber's Our Lady of Darkness is apparently only available in the Sony Store, there is Brad Metzger's "Book of Lies," Virtue Epistemology (which is available on the Kindle store, but at several times the price of the Sony edition), Wierd Tales Magazine, Dave Robinson's "Nietzsche and Post Modernism," and others. I'm not bashing on the Kindle; I bought one and subsequently passed it on to my wife. I'm also not against taking advantage of Amazon's prices when they are in fact lower than the other stores'. But it doesn't have everything, especially if your tastes run to philosophy, the esoteric, and the wierd.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote