View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
Sure, but what is the point? They've already got all Kindle users locked in, so why would they want to deny themselves the revenue and consolidate the rest of the market under the ePub flag? (I'm assuming they get something from every mobipocket book sold by way of licensing)
All they stand to gain is that ordinary people start complaining about it, whereas with 2 major formats at least they can point to that to explain why they don't think they should feel obliged to switch to ePub (as it hadn't 'won' yet).
So I'm confused.
Maybe they are preparing for a DRM free world?

I am pretty sure you can find good reasons. Maybe it will be impossible to further develop MobiPocket so instead of supporting an old format it is better to spend resources on a new format.

Or some other reason. Or it is just an arbitrary decision.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote