View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Is this empirically true, that there is more content for the Kindle than for all other available devices? How do you know this? (The question is not does the Kindle store have more ebooks than say the Sony store or Books on Board. The question is whether there is more content available to the owner of say an Astak device than to the owner of a Kindle from all sources.)
Do I "know it for sure"... well no. However, I do know that there are ebooks available on the Kindle store that are not available anywhere else. I also know that I can access any other store that a non-Kindle owner can access.

But, I can say this, if there is a contemporary ebook available which is protected by DRM and it is available in somewhere its in the Kindle store too.

That said, there is no way to know 100% what books are available for each device in it's natively supported format/DRM scheme.

I would turn it around to you... can you point out ebooks that are available with a DRM that the Kindle does not support which are not in the Kindle store?

The bottom line is, I don't have to worry about not being able to get content for my Kindle. Even if mobipocket goes away, that does NOT affect a Kindle owner.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote