View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #51
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I have that Hugo-package Wheel of Time epub. Been slowly making my way through it for quite a while.

The Dragon Reborn remains one of my all-time favourite fantasy novels, but some others in the series have not been close to its quality.
While they were coming out, the word was that every other book advanced the story, while the others were just filler. I suspect that the series would have been a lot better written and would have resolved earlier if Jordan hadn't married his editor. A good editor would have reduced the series to 5 or 6 books focused on the main story line, then done the other story arcs as separate books.

I agree that the last three books written by Sanderson were much better than all except the first few books written by Jordan.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote