Thread: Kindle First
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #581
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I selected "Kings of Broken Things". As much as I like science fiction, "Secondborn" just didn't seem a plot I could get into.
I agree, I like science fiction but all these dystopian novels of late are getting old. How about some worlds where reality overall is positive? It reminds me of Gentry Lee's extension of Arthur C. Clarke's Rendezvous With Rama. He took a wonderfully positive future where humanity had outposts on most of the planets (even Mercury!) and destroyed it all, including the Vatican being nuked by extremists. And it got worse from there over the course of three books.

So I passed on Secondborn as well, and went with The Sky Below.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote