View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #83
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
I finally picked up an Aura (non-HD) since the price was dropped in anticipation of the new water-proof model. My favorite reader before was the Glo, and the Aura takes its place (the Glo died when I actually laid down on it). I explored the more fancy readers, but in the end all I want or need is something that lets me read books. I have a tablet for apps/etc.

I really like that the screen is on the same level as the bezel, which means it won't collect dust or crumbs. The touch interface also feels more responsive to me. Above all, the dimmer lowest backlight level makes a huge difference.

On the minus side, since the screen isn't "sunken" anymore, I'm tempted to get a screen protector for it, but I don't want to deal with the inevitable bubbles (plus the specific protectors cost 15% of the device). I also still dislike that the MicroSD and USB slots are at the bottom and not on the side, and I wish it had page turn buttons. Overall, though, for €99 this was a great purchase.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote