View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #146
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I really don't want to post something unilaterally here. I can say the moderators discuss pretty much every action we take and we agree on a course of action.

I will say this, and perhaps it is too much.

In general we don't allow commercial advertising on Mobile Read. We don't allow it in the flee market and we don't allow authors to hock their books in the deals/freebees section either.

If you want to post about a great deal or find you made and claim it is "for the community" then why are you attaching affiliate codes to them? Affiliate links are "hidden" commercial advertising.

BOb
So you lot'll make things more difficult for the users of the board out of "principle?" And frankly, I don't care about the motivation of the poster if it: a. benefits me without harming me and b. makes it easier to find what I'm looking for. This "solution" in search of a problem makes it more difficult to find what I'm looking for (or, more exactly, what I may be interested in once I see it) and could also de-motivate posters to diligently search out every freebie or bargain. I am very annoyed by it and also by the sudden, unilateral action by the mods to enforce it. While I realize that Mobileread is Mr. Turcic's property and that there is no "free speech" here because, under our capitalist system, that category of right does not apply to private property, it does spoil the atmosphere to be reminded of that too often or too forcefully. I think the reaction on this thread is adequate enough evidence of that.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote