View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #139
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Duplicate threads clutter the forum. To avoid clutter duplicates are closed and deleted or moved (depending on how the forum is set up). By letting the aff-link people have their own threads the duplicates remain, but they no longer take up the entire first page on the forum and push all the other threads to page two unless they are removed.

Educated guess.
But now you're going to have a forum cluttered with:

Affiliate links for Bob
Affiliate links for Susan
Affiliate links for MUCHIESatNINE
Affiliate links for Ana
Affiliate links for TheOtherAna
Affiliate links for JimBobtheGreat
[Sony] Some book you've never heard of.

So the forum will still be cluttered. And the post-and-run authors and linkers who don't follow the rules will now instead of being merged, will now have to be banned, locked down, etc. And since the author spam is usually posted as the first-and-last post for that member... I just can't fathom how this new rule is going to save time.

Sorry. I know I'm dumb.

I would just honestly prefer "old way" + "clarify the link is an affiliate one" + "no moderation, proceed at your own risk".
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote