View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #32371
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And the drama continues.

Almost three weeks ago we thought we came to an agreement that my uncle wanted a certain amount of money and assurances that he won't be sued for the money he basically stole from my grandmother. My aunt's lawyer (AL) asked about one of the bills my uncle's lawyer (UL) had send, because it was addressed to my uncle and not my grandmother. UL answered that my uncle wanted that amount of money. We decided that we didn't like it but that we would agree with it and emailed UL that an agreement was going to be made.

Over the past two weeks that agreement has been changed and approved my my aunt, my father and the solicitor dealing with my grandmother's estate. And last Thursday it was send to UL, on the deadline he had set. On Saturday we got an email from him that since my aunt doesn't agree with the agreement my uncle wasn't going to sign it. Neither us nor my aunt knew what he was talking about. We later got an email from our lawyer (OL) to confirm a phone she had made to him (from her vacation address) and he never answered this.

We didn't know what was said during that phone call, but today she called us and explained. Him blaming my aunt is total BS, what had happened was that the deadline for UL to send in his "Letter of Grievances" to the court is the 21st, and he wasn't sure OL and AL were going to approve an extension of this deadline. This week he's on vacation, so, just in case the agreement wasn't approved he already wrote the Letter of Grievances and send it to my uncle for approval. Apparently my uncle liked this letter so much that he didn't want to sign the agreement anymore.

OL is pissed, because even though nothing was signed yet, there is a legally binding agreement. My uncle set his demands, we agreed to it and he can't just pull out. So why UL agreed to doing it is a mystery. Since UL hasn't answered to OL's email we don't know what's happening. It has been decided today that OL and AL aren't going to agree with an extension unless there are assurances that my uncle will sign the agreement. If they send in the Letter of Grievances to court OL is going to try to get it declared inadmissible. If the court accept the Letter we're going to claim back the money we spend on the negotiations. My father spend over €5000 over the past months on the negotiations and agreement, then there is the money for OL and the money for my grandmother estate's solicitor. Plus, that we're seriously considering suing my uncle for the money he stole from my grandmother plus the lawyer's fees a judge had said he had to pay back to my grandmother's estate (almost €25000). We're not afraid for the continuation of the case, the judge has already said my uncle was one point behind us. We're allowed to react to the Letter of Grievances, so we can let the judge know what has happened, and that won't reflect well on my uncle and his lawyer. We're even considering reporting UL for doing things that aren't allowed.

If the case goes through we're not going to offer more money, we want to pay the amount the previous court had set (which this judge thought was a fair amount). During the negotiations my father agreed to pay a third more, plus €10000 to my uncle. That's going to be off the table now. Basically we're ready to string up my uncle by a certain body part and break him.

We've agree to wait until next week, when UL is back from vacation and see if and what his answer is. If that isn't satisfactory we're going into battle.

To be continued...
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote