View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #50
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
I got the email, I have several DX's (home, work, spare & one that's a pile of spare parts), all already on the latest software.

My spare - which doesn't normally have wireless turned on, ever, just has the battery topped up every 2 months - did the update.

My normal one - which has wireless turned on fairly often to download books - didn't update.

Haven't tried my work one yet.

Looks to me like they're just checking that old devices are still in use, wouldn't surprise me if the next stage - in a few months - is another email along the lines of "We haven't seen your Kindle for a long time, if we don't see it by xxx it'll be de-registered.". So my pile of parts will be of less use.

IMO, instead of stating the TYPE of Kindle in the email, they should have used the NAME, I can't be the only owner with more than one of the same model.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote