View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM   #48
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Seems my question was a bit TL;DR. Are Kindle firmware updates, particularly for the K3, now done via 3G as well as the other methods, and if so when was the change? It wasn't always like that, in that they were restricted to Wifi and manual installation. I have a K3 that has got the latest firmware (3.4.2), but I have never connected it to Wifi and the last manual update that I did was version 3.3 a few years ago.
The 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 updates were small (3.4.1 only 80 KB, 3.4.2 2.094 MB) so updating via 3G was perfectly plausible.

I think the possibility always existed but may have been a last resort.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote