View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Ah so! But mine is missing name
The name is what is displayed in the metadata panel. I'm not sure how you can not have that.
Quote:
and that one is missing regex to transform a pasted URL.
I built the code into the metadata editor. Press the button next to the IDs, and it is matched against the rules and then the metadata source plugins (using "id_from_url") to find an identifier.
Quote:
And the button to get there is so wide I didn't see it as a button.
I was caught by that when it was added. And I'd been involved in the discussion to add it.
Quote:

sigh. Neither is a complete solution. And I'd still need to manage linking identifiers to wikidata entities.

Maybe later I'll dig into that and see how it works and maybe synchronize the data in it with mine.
To me you could have your plugin generate them from its config. At least for the common. But, if you are generating an identifier for anything that exists in WikiData, that probably isn't practical. And I'm more curious about what you have done.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote