View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 02:10 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, I'm not seeing that on my N905 Touch. Which version of the Touch do you have?

And looking at the photo, some questions come to mind:
  • What format book are you reading? I am guessing that it is a kepub. Does it affect other formats?
  • The book progress is displayed as percentage. Does changing to another display change anything?
  • Does changing any of the font settings change anything? The black on the sides look like the margins. Does it change width as you change the margins?
  • What happens when you bring up the menus?
  • Does opening a Pocket article have the same problem? Or an image?
  • I think you are saying that when opening the book, it is OK, but changes to this when you turn the page. Is that correct? And if so, what happens if you use the navigation bar or ToC to change pages?
  • Does the black areas flash when you turn a page? Does anything show in them?
  • What page refresh option have you selected? And does changing this change anything?
  • Does it change if you turning the page takes you to a new chapter?
  • Can you try enabling screen shots and taking one? The screenshot is taken from a buffer. If it shows black, then the problem is earlier in the process of getting the page to the screen.
  • Exactly what firmware version is this? This is mainly to make sure exactly what you are using is documented.

I have no idea if anything in that will affect what is happening. At the worst, you waste a little time. And, when you report the problem to Kobo, you can point to this thread which will contain lots of information about the problem. The support won't look at it much, but if the link is included in the report, when a developer looks at the problem, they will look at the thread.

To take a screenshot, add the following lines to the config file:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
With this, using the power button will take a screenshot and save it on the device. Unfortunately, it will stop the power button from putting the device to sleep or waking it.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote