View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #29
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That is what is missing, I think. A sense of ”home" or "group" in the main MR Book Club. Yes, there are some regulars, but we don't really have a way to just chat about books or whatever. Not sure quite how to get there, but willing to try something.
For me, I get some of the camaraderie from the Reading Rec forum and to a lesser extend the Lounge. I don't make my way to many of the other forums often. I am sure a lot of people are that way.

There have to be lots of people who just wander straight to the Kindle or Kobo or Deals forums that don't even know the book club exists, it seems like getting some of those people involved is what it will take to get the club thriving again.

Off the wall - what about having a chat or other live discussion for a book rather than just the discussion thread? Something where we can actively go back and forth about a book rather than the long delays we have now. Post....wait 6 hours...someone else posts...wait 6 hours...someone else responds to first post...

It could even be a Google Hangout/Skype/etc. meetup where audio is possible and we could have an actual verbal discussion.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote