View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #15
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
my problem isn't with typing

this thing is slow to load ebooks, slow to respond in the menus, and slow to open apps

and I often have to bang the screen several times before it responds to the stylus
Hmmm, I wonder if there are big differences in the software between the Max and the Max Carta. I had always assumed that they were more or less the same. But maybe that isn't so.

My Max performs most functions at a reasonable speed. Apart from huge PDF files, it usually only takes about 2-3 seconds to open a book. And then page turns are pretty quick. I only have a few apps installed, but they tend to open fairly promptly as well. Menus within the native apps tend to respond quickly. Menus within downloaded apps can be a bit slower. Depends on the app.

Where I've found the Max to be a bit slow is when it comes to installing some apps. That can take a bit of time and does not always seem to work the first time.

Occasionally, the Max will not recognize a tap, but I've never had to bang on the screen. Usually just another tap, adjusting the angle or the length of time I allow the stylus to touch the screen is sufficient.

There are, of course, some glitches with the software. For example, when using the stylus to take hand notes or drawing in the native note taking app, the eraser on the end of the stylus works fine most of the time. However, if I use the little eraser icon to erase strokes with the tip of the stylus, when I switch back to writing, it will start drawing circles. I have to actually go back into the object menu to select the line option again. A bit of a nuisance, but not a major headache once you are aware of the glitch and how to sidestep it.

So, if your device is running very slowly and failing to register taps on a consistent basis, I wonder if this is a Max Carta thing or if you got a faulty device.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote