View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #90
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi DiapDealer,

Yes it is the exact same bug. The problem is caused by QTabBar::setCurrentIndex() that makes a call to processEvents() before it has successfully set the current index!

I have no idea why it would do that but if enough QTabBar::removeTab calls are called fast enough the index never gets set properly resulting in segfaults in various places!

Code:
bt
* thread #1, name = 'CrBrowserMain', queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=EXC_I386_GPFLT)
  * frame #0: 0x0000000108d1947a QtCore`QtSharedPointer::ExternalRefCountData::getAndRef(QObject const*) + 10
    frame #1: 0x00000001000101df Sigil`TabManager::EmitTabChanged() + 111
    frame #2: 0x0000000108e8fbec QtCore`QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) + 3132
    frame #3: 0x0000000100e7d83d QtWidgets`___lldb_unnamed_symbol2580$$QtWidgets + 701
    frame #4: 0x0000000108e8fbec QtCore`QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) + 3132
    frame #5: 0x0000000100e5f736 QtWidgets`QTabBar::setCurrentIndex(int) + 406
    frame #6: 0x0000000100e5fea1 QtWidgets`QTabBar::removeTab(int) + 1217
Here is a snippet of the backtrace showing the entire sequence of events.

I think we will need to disconnect the QTabBar::currentChanged signal before calling QTabBar::removeTab(int) and then manually invoking EmitTabChanged ourselves after the removeTab returns.

Otherwise we are just asking for trouble. The QTabBar::setCurentIndex is very broken in design by invoking processEvents before setting the actual new index.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The "quickly closing tabs" crash has been around for a while. I thought I mentioned it early in our port to QWebEngine. But I also seem to remember it was mitigated by some of our early bugfixing/trouble-shooting. I usually had to get pretty crazy about closing a bunch very quickly (with the mouse) to make it happen. I haven't tried hard to make it happen for a long time though.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote