View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #396
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Catalog Users: Input needed

I've had a number of requests to disable the year of publication that's appended to the title in various section lists. Currently, the implementation is inconsistent:
  • Books by Author: Yes
  • Books by Title: No
  • Books by Series: Yes
  • Books by Genre: No
  • Recently Added: No
  • Descriptions: Yes (template can be edited to remove/modify)
I'm seeking input on how this might be presented in the Generate catalog|E-book options dialog. I envision three possible scenarios:
  • Offer a global 'Append date of publication' checkbox. This would append the date after the title in all enabled sections, or none at all.
  • Offer per-section checkboxes.
  • Don't change anything, it's perfect the way it is.
Please reply in this thread if you have an opinion about this possible enhancement.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 01-14-2011 at 07:17 PM.