Thread: <svg><text>
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 01:34 PM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have adopted a policy of putting the cart before the horse: the caption information is worked into the paragraph preceding the image. So the reader has presumably already absorbed the information by the time he/she/it sees the image, and can always page back if (as usually happens) it's on the preceding "page".

What prompted me to do this was a photo book about my home state that I borrowed from the state e-brary. Starting toward the beginning of the book, every page showed a caption for the preceding image at the top of the page, with the rest of the page given over to another and unrelated photo.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote