Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #89
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Space disappears between italic and normal text

Product: Aura
Firmware: 2.5.2
Plugins: KoboTouchExtended 1.3.3
File types: kepub (?)
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: sideloaded
On external SD: main memory

I was editing (in html) a scanned book, added it to Calibre. Transfered it to the Aura. When there was italic on words in a sentence the space around the italic words doesn't show.

Ex. "This is an example." shows as "Thisis anexample."

First I thought I was doing something wrong (as a newbie to Calibre and Kobo) but I later realized that it was the same in an Amazon-bought book (Inferno).

Anyone else seen this? I have not tried to change fonts etc.

---
For the record, the problem was in KoboTouchExtended and was fixed in 1.4.0.

Last edited by patrik; 05-28-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Problem gone with 1.4.0 (KoboTouchExtended)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote