Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #82
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Product: Aura
Firmware: 2.5.2
Plugins: none
Steps to reproduce:
  1. open Solitaire
  2. select "New Game"
  3. leave the selection screen open
  4. manually activate sleep
Current result:
either of these
  1. sleep is activated, selection screen appears above the cover or "Sleeping" screen (disappears when pressed) - happens rarely
  2. Aura reboots - happens about as often as the following:
  3. Aura goes to sleep normally, but when reactivated the screen part where the game or selection box would be is blank ("New Game" can still be pressed and re-opens selection box)
I tried this on my Aura with a different but equally nasty result. After I hit the sleep button, the screen went white. No response to the power button. I tried holding the power button for 20 seconds but still no power on. A pinhole reset restarted the Aura but froze on the boxes going across the screen. I then removed the uSD card and tried another reset which got to the home screen with a collection of gray boxes for thumbnails. Re-inserted the uSD card and froze up again. Time for a factory reset.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote