View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Here's the question: I used Send to Kindle app to send a NON-AMAZON book to my iPhone 4 today and then opened the same book on my Kindle, it did not recognize how far I had read on the iPhone. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss some setting that must be on/off in order to make syncing available? I thought by using to SEND TO KINDLE app now, it would also sync between devices to the furthest page read. I might be missing something and wanted to get the latest information on this topic. Thanks in advance to everyone!
The way I understand it, BOTH devices have to receive the document via "Send to Kindle" (although I use email to my @kindle address, not that app) in order to sync. In other words, you can't put one copy on your Kindle via calibre and then send another copy to the cloud. They both have to be loaded as personal documents.

Phrased differently:

I send my NON-AMAZON books to my Kindle cloud storage by emailing them as attachments to (myaddress)@kindle.com. I then either direct them to the individual devices (say my iPhone and Kindle), or download them from the cloud from within those devices. After that they sync location, bookmarks/notes, etc.

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote